Sunny Outlook Forecast for Daniel Island Real Estate in 2015
2014 was another one for the records at Daniel Island Real Estate, marking our best year since 2008 and the market’s “big dip.” Homes on Daniel Island are selling for more money and in less time than they have in years, and with all indicators pointing towards continued overall growth for Charleston’s economic climate, we are forecasting the momentum in the Daniel Island real estate market to continue in 2015 and beyond.
2014 brought particularly good news for property owners on Daniel Island, with home values increasing for the fourth consecutive year:
- The average price of a single-family home on Daniel Island increased 15% in 2014 to $787,000.
- Homes also sold faster in 2014. The average number of days on the market for a single-family home was 75 days, compared to 91 days in 2013, an 18% change.
- Sales activity for island townhomes and condominiums also increased in 2014, with a 7% increase in average price and an average of 59 days on the market, compared to 70 days in 2013.
- Overall, homes on Daniel Island sold for close to 98% of the original list price in 2014.
With market activity increasing, you’ll want to make sure you have a team with a proven track record and the most experience on your side when buying or selling island real estate this year. Daniel Island Real Estate continues to be the island’s most active and experienced real estate team:
- We are highly successful representing a diverse range of property on Daniel Island: In 2014 we sold properties ranging from a one-bedroom condominium priced at $120,000 to a $3.4 waterfront home in Daniel Island Park.
- We sell both new and resale properties on Daniel Island. In 2014 our sales associates were involved in the sale or purchase of 100 new homes and homesites and 117 resale properties.
- All of our sales associates work full-time as real estate professionals, and sell exclusively on Daniel Island. They are fully immersed in and highly knowledgeable about this market. And they are backed by a support staff of marketers and closing and legal assistants that help serve the complete needs of our buyers and sellers.
- Our Sales Associates are active members of this community, and they give back in countless ways, contributing countless hours and thousands of dollars to organizations like the Daniel Island School, Charleston Basket Brigade the, HALOS community-wide holiday initiative and many others.
We’re all proud and thankful to be such an integral part of this special community. Contact one of our sales associates today to discuss how we can help you with your island real estate needs in the 2015.