Small Home Improvement Projects That Will Increase Your Home’s Value
Spring is here! We’ve been waiting months for consistently warm weather so we can spend more time outside. But spring isn’t just a great time to enjoy outdoor activities. It’s also a great time to think about small home improvement projects that won’t break the bank but will add value to your Charleston real estate investment, especially for anyone who might be considering a move in the near future…
Here are a few easy areas to concentrate on that will really make an impact on your home but won’t strain your wallet:
The Kitchen, The Heart of Your Home
Everyone always ends up in the kitchen during parties and family gatherings. It’s important to make sure the space is clean, updated, functional and inviting. Small upgrades can make a difference!
- Consider replacing the door pulls on your cabinets for an updated look.
- Consider installing a more modern sink faucet.
- Add or replace light fixtures. You might have recessed lights, but consider adding some pendant lighting over the island.
- Consider recovering the seat cushions at the kitchen table.
- What color is the kitchen? Is it calm and inviting? A neutral color can go a long way to opening up a space.
- If you don’t have a tile backsplash, consider adding one that complements your countertops.
Beautify the Bathrooms
These small but important rooms get a lot of use so don’t ignore them!
- Consider installing a new vanity or mirror.
- Replace old toilets and/or toilet seats.
- Update the light fixtures.
- Replace the shower curtain.
Redefine Existing Spaces & Brighten Tired Spaces
It’s important that guests (and potential buyers!) feel welcomed when they visit your home. And the way a room feels can either be inviting or depressing. By adding accessories or changing the functionality of certain rooms, you can make sure your home is welcoming for family and friends!
- Increase light bulb wattage in darker rooms with no natural light. Add dimmers in areas where you want more ambiance, like the dining room.
- Add new accent pillows or throws as the seasons change for pops of color.
- If a room looks too cramped, you may consider the amount of furniture in the room or its scale. If the furniture is too large for the space, considering downsizing or removing a few pieces.
- Consider turning a playroom into another bedroom. This will add resale value to your home when the time comes to sell.
Small steps can really help protect and showcase your Charleston real estate investment. Contact a Daniel Island Real Estate sales associate for further suggestions!