It's Time for Park Day!
Island residents are buzzing about the upcoming Park Day festival, one of Daniel Island’s most popular annual events. Taking place on Saturday, November 3 at a new venue – the newly-opened Governors Park on Seven Farms Drive – Park Day is a fall tradition featuring outdoor activities, great food and live music for all ages. This year, several new activities will be offered, along with long-standing festival favorites.
Event highlights include:
- Live music and entertainment all afternoon long
- Dog and wild animal exhibits
- Pie Baking Contest from the Daniel Island News
- Mobile Skate Park
- Giant Mountain Slide, Bungee Trampolines, Jump Castles
- Train Rides
- Food Trucks
- Beer Garden and Wine Tasting
Charleston’s Mayor Joe Riley and other City of Charleston officials will take the stage at noon for a dedication ceremony to commemorate the Grand Opening of City’s new Governors Park.
Park Day is great fun for the entire family, and best of all, it showcases and benefits more than 20 area non-profit organizations. Now in its 11th year, Park Day has generated more than $200,000 for area charities since inception.
Come come join in the fun and give back on Saturday, November 3 at Park Day on Daniel Island!
- Park Day takes place at Governors Park on Saturday, November 3 from 11 am – 5 pm
- Admission and parking are free
- In order to raise money for participating non-profit organizations, some activities will require a fee
- For more information, visit danielislandparkday.com