- This event has passed.
“Tunes & Trucks” Concert at Townsend Park – Neighborhood Park Concert on Daniel Island!
June 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Daniel Island Property Owners Association will present a “Tunes & Trucks” Concert at Townsend Park, on Friday, June 14th from 6 – 9 PM for Daniel Island residents and their guests. Join us for this “free” concert, featuring Dreamland Band & Wildflower Station. Townsend Park is located in the Edgefield Park neighborhood and is also referred to as Swing Park. The park is surrounded by the following streets – Townsend, Willtown, Gatewood & Augustus.
Bring your lawn chair, beverage of choice and your appetite and kick back and enjoy the great sounds of some wonderful outdoor music. We’ll have affordable food options available for purchase with several food trucks and food cart vendors at the park, also offering water and nonalcoholic beverages. Keep it simple and easy and purchase your dinner from our vendors!
Food Trucks and Cart Vendors:
Daniel Island Dinners – Daniel Island Dinners provides high quality fully prepared meals for the whole family. Visit their website at www.danielislanddinners.com for their weekly menu and to find out what they will be serving at our concert!
Samira’s Gyros and More
At Samira’s Gyros and More, everything is made to order using only the freshest quality ingredients and traditional preparation methods to bring out that authentic flavor. From the tenderest of gyro meat all wrapped up in a warm pita to hot off the grill chicken kabobs and even fried shrimp morsels, get it all on a plate with a heaping of fries; it’s a surefire way to curb your hunger on the curb.
Get ready for a whole new quesadilla creation, courtesy of this radical food truck! These delicious rolled quesadillas are each packed with fresh quality ingredients. From the Carne Asada with caramelized red onions to the Black Bean with savory sweet potatoes, every tasty treat they offer is equally crave able.
Holy City Homemade Italian Ice – Holy City Homemade Italian Ice makes their ices with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. The ingredients are fruit, sugar and water which is why it tastes so incredible!
The Holy City Cupcakes – The Holy City Cupcakes is a locally owned and operated bakery. All of their cupcakes and deserts are made from scratch and never from a box or pre-mix, instead they are made from scratch, using fresh whole ingredients. Best of all, you get to customize your own cupcakes!
For those of you who live around or near the park, join us at the park or host your own “Porch Party” and enjoy the concert from the comfort of your porch/home with friends and neighbors. This is the perfect opportunity to host an informal gathering of your own. We’ll provide the entertainment for your adult guests and children!
A Little Bit About Our Bands:
Dreamland Band & Wildflower Station – Country, Blues and Soul. They play Classic Rock from the 50’s,60’s,70’s, & 80’s, and even some current rock thrown in for good measure. Chuck Berry to The Youngbloods, to Ray LaMontangue. Toss in some great Country, we’re talking Johnnie and Dolly, and a little bit of Soul Music as well and you have Dreamland… and a lot of fun.
Wildflower Station is a trio, playing the best of what was called the “Psychedelic 60’s & 70’s” – a mixture of Classic Rock, Americana, Country & Folk, done in their own special style, with a special emphasis on harmonies. We play great music like The Beatles, Little Big Town, Neil Young, CSN&Y.
FRIENDLY CONCERT REMINDERS & WHAT CAN I BRING
- The concert is free and family friendly.
- While we strongly encourage attendees to purchase from our food vendors to support their commitment and efforts, you may bring coolers, food and beverages of your choice. Please no glass!
- Dogs on leash and under strict owner control.
- Chairs preferred, blankets allowed.
- We will not be allowing any tents, large setups with umbrellas or any pre-set up or staked off areas ahead of the concert due to size of parks and so that everyone can see and enjoy the concerts. Please do not reserve any areas ahead of the concert with tape, stakes or chairs ahead of the concert. First come, first serve the night of the concert.
- The event organizer has the right to remove any pre setup/staked or taped off areas at their discretion.
- We encourage everyone to walk or bike to the event if possible. Street Parking is available near the park. Please be mindful of the residents who live near each park and do not park in front of mailboxes or driveways, whether it is in the front or rear of the home or unit. Thanks for obeying all traffic rules that are posted.
- Sections of streets, immediately around the park itself have received City of Charleston permit approval to be temporarily blocked prior to and during the concert from 5 – 9 pm at Townsend, Willtown, Gatewood & Augustus Streets.
If the concert is impacted by “severe” weather at the time of the event (6-9 PM) the event will be cancelled. Should we need to cancel the event for severe weather, we will post that information on our website and Facebook page, immediately prior to the start of the event.There is no rain date for the event.