Daniel Island Real Estate – 2013 Year-End Sales Activity
With Charleston’s economy and Daniel Island’s real estate market thriving, our sales associates were busier in 2013 than they have been in years. In fact, 2013 was our best year since 2008 with Daniel Island Real Estate closing 257 properties for a total sales volume of more than $136 million! Daniel Island Real Estate remains the #1 listing office for both new and resale properties for the 18th consecutive year.
Additional 2013 Sales Highlights:
• A 27% increase in both sales transactions and dollar volume over 2012.
• Single family homes were the leading property type sold by Daniel Island Real Estate in 2013 with 136 homes closed.
• The majority of our sales transactions during the year represented resale properties.
• The single-family home median sales price rose to $603,387 ($1,047,500 in Daniel Island Park; $568,950 on the south end of the island).
• Single-family home listings averaged 74 days on the market – a 33% decrease from 2012.
Note: 2013 homesite sales were lower compared to 2012 due to decreased available inventory within the homesite market.
If you have questions regarding these numbers or are interested in learning more about real estate on Daniel Island, please contact one of our Sales Associates or give us a call at 843.971.7100.