The Daniel Island Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation duly organized under the laws of the State of South Carolina. This private 501 (c) 3 organization is financially supported by donations from Daniel Island Residents, businesses and employees.
The Daniel Island Community Foundation was set up as a vehicle for Daniel Island Residents and Businesses to fund non-profit initiatives. A resident advisory committee has been established to assist in identifying charitable causes and organizations important to Daniel Island residents.
Moving Forward to 2020
Since we have had such great success with our Foundation campaign in 2018 and 2019, we will:
- Continue to fundraise for local nonprofits through the Foundation and DICF will match up to $5,000 per nonprofit
- Continue to partner with nonprofit organizations that are near and dear to our residents
- Continue to encourage resident, business and youth participation in any capacity
A New Year
Below are the nonprofits that the Foundation will be focused on for 2020. Residents are able to donate to any of the below nonprofits at any point throughout the year via the organizations Donate2it page (click the nonprofit name to donate) or by check at the POA office – 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C. At years end, the Daniel Island Community Fund (DICF) will match up to $5,000 per nonprofit organization.
Please note: The donation totals within the Donate2It website include the DICF match. Example: If $500 was donated via the Foundation, the total will read $1,000 donated. This total number depicts what the nonprofit organization will receive in early 2021.
A Little Something New
Coming Soon! In 2020, we will be adding some new opportunities for residents and businesses to get involved in by:
- Expanding the Foundation Campaign to include volunteer opportunities as well as various drives (such as clothing, food, etc.)
- Including a Volunteer/Drive calendar in the Philanthropy tab on our website where you can learn about different places to volunteer your time or donate items such as food or clothing
- Inquiries can be sent to Dani Hermann at Danielle.Hermann@dicommunity.org
2019 Campaign Update
In January 2019, the Daniel Island Community Foundation (our 501(c)3) set a goal to raise $5,000 per nonprofit for 12 local nonprofits. That is a total of $60,000! In addition to the DIC Foundation campaign, the Daniel Island Community Fund (our 501(c)4) has pledged to match $5,000 per nonprofit – which will double the funds raised by residents and businesses.
As of December 31st, 2019 – we are happy to announce that ALL 12 nonprofit organizations (below) have met their fundraising goals! In total, the Daniel Island Community Foundation has raised over $64,000 for the 12 deserving nonprofit organizations. The Daniel Island Community Fund is matching $60,000 of that and each of the 12 organizations will receive at least $10,000 in the first quarter of 2020.
A special thank you to the Daniel Island Employee Advised Fund and to the Daniel Island Business Association for finishing out the year for us! Your generous contributions helped us meet our matching goals for 2019!
- January Water Missions International
- February HALOS
- March Campy Happy Days
- April Philip Simmons High School PTA
- May The Humanities Foundation
- June SC Future Minds
- July Berkeley County Animal Center
- August Abby’s Friends
- September East Cooper Land Trust
- October Charleston Waterkeeper
- November East Cooper Community Outreach
- December Carolina Youth Development Center (CYDC)
rolina Youth Development Center (CYDC)