The Daniel Island Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation duly organized under the laws of the State of South Carolina. This private 501 (c) 3 organization is financially supported by donations from Daniel Island Residents, businesses and employees.
The Daniel Island Community Foundation was set up as a vehicle for Daniel Island Residents and Businesses to fund non-profit initiatives. A resident advisory committee has been established to assist in identifying charitable causes and organizations important to Daniel Island residents.
Foundation Match Program Temporarily Suspended: March 27, 2020
The Daniel Island Community Foundation is temporarily suspending the 2020 Foundation Matching Program and fundraising campaign for the predetermined 2020 nonprofits, Shifa Medical Clinic (met match a few weeks ago), PAALS, Soldiers Angels, Surf Riders, Dee Norton, Friends of Berkeley County Animal Center, due to unforeseen economic challenges as well as unforeseen non-profit needs due to Covid-19.
We hope to continue fundraising for these 6 amazing organizations when we have returned to operations as normal and have a better idea of our financial capability to match individual donations. We will strive to keep the community and the organizations updated throughout the process as best we can.
Thank you for your continued support. Stay safe, and stay healthy.
Moving Forward to 2020
Since we have had such great success with our Foundation campaign in 2018 and 2019, we will:
- Continue to fundraise for local nonprofits through the Foundation and DICF will match up to $5,000 per nonprofit
- Continue to partner with nonprofit organizations that are near and dear to our residents
- Continue to encourage resident, business and youth participation in any capacity
A New Year
Below are the nonprofits that the Foundation will be focused on for 2020. Residents are able to donate to any of the below nonprofits at any point throughout the year via the organizations Donate2it page (click the nonprofit name to donate) or by check at the POA office – 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C. At years end, the Daniel Island Community Fund (DICF) will match up to $5,000 per nonprofit organization.
Fundraising amounts are as of 3/9/2020 at 10 AM.
A Little Something New
In 2020, we will be adding some new opportunities for residents and businesses to get involved in by:
- Expanding the Foundation Campaign to include volunteer opportunities as well as various drives (such as clothing, food, etc.)
- Including a Volunteer/Drive calendar in the Philanthropy tab on our website where you can learn about different places to volunteer your time or donate items such as food or clothing
- Inquiries can be sent to Dani Hermann at Danielle.Hermann@dicommunity.org
2020 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Friday, March 13th – Soldiers’ Angels – Supply Low-Income Veteran Families with Food Assistance at the Mobile Food Distribution – Click HERE to sign up
- Friday, March 13th – Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry – Free Family Friday – CML opens its doors for free from 4-7 PM. CML provides every child with:
- Friday, May 8th – Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry – Free Family Friday – CML opens its doors for free from 4-7 PM. CML provides every child with:
Opportunities without a specific date requirement:
- Junior Achievement Programs at Phillip Simmons High School – Contact Bette Bronson to volunteer at email@example.com
n to volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org