Where do I find important contacts and media websites for Hurricane Season?

For important contacts and recommended media websites to monitor during Hurricane Season, click HERE.


How can I rent the Pierce Park Pavilion, Crow’s Nest or the Scott Park Pool?

For information about renting the any of these amenities for a special event, please contact the POA office at 843-971-9200.


Are short-term rentals allowed on Daniel Island?

Though the Daniel Island CC&Rs do not prohibit short term rentals (1-29 days) specifically, the City ordinance regarding short term rentals do pertain to Daniel Island and must be adhered to. Additional Information can be found on the City of Charleston website HERE. The entirety of Daniel Island (and all of the parts of the City of Charleston in Berkeley County, along with other areas) are in Residential Category 3 under the regulations.


How do I find out the exterior colors on my existing home?

To find out the exterior colors of your home, please contact Lisa Avant at lisa.avant@dicommunity.org or 843.971.9200.


What are the 2020 Real Estate Closing Fees?

To find out the 2020 Real Estate Closing Fees, please click HERE.


I would like to make exterior changes to my home. What is the process?

Please use the ARB Modification Application (download here) to make any exterior modifications including landscape changes, pool additions, etc. The form should be submitted to Mary Stuart Sutton, ARB Administrator. If you have any questions, please contact Mary Stuart at marystuart.sutton@dicommunity.org.


Is Recycling Available on Daniel Island?

A new recycling facility in Berkeley County, RePower South (RPS), will soon begin major production. At that time, RPS will be processing all the County’s household waste. The facility will extract the recyclable material and pay the County to landfill the residual. RPS will also pay the County a lease to operate on the County landfill as well as a revenue share of the sale of the recyclable material and fuel.

The County will still provide cardboard and mixed paper recycling at the Berkeley County Convenience Centers and Recycling Drop-Off Sites where those containers are currently located. The current recycling contract the County has with Republic Services will not be renewed after August 31, 2019. All of the County’s household waste from normal curbside collection will automatically be delivered to the RPS facility. Once there, the waste will be processed in the state-of-the-art facility that segregates recyclables from the waste and delivers them to commodity markets to be re-used into new products. RePower South also plans to extract other non-recyclable waste to produce a low carbon renewable fuel that replaces coal in local industry. RePower South has a goal of diverting 60 percent of the overall waste stream from landfill.

  • Will the pick-up day for trash and yard debris change?  No, this date will remain the same. There will be no change to your trash and yard debris pick-up.  Please note that RePower South does not process yard debris.  It will be delivered straight to the landfill as normal.
  • When will this program begin? RePower has begun operations and is currently processing approximately one half of the County waste as it commissions the plant.  Expectations are RePower will be processing 100% of the County’s waste in the coming weeks. Berkeley County will issue a press release when the facility is fully operational.  Until then, please direct any questions about the timeline to RePower South at 843-823-4499 or info@repowersouth.com.
  • Will this service be free or will the residents be charged; and if so, what is the cost?  There is no extra charge for recycling or for the RePower South program.  Residents will continue to be charged for trash pick-up as they currently are.
  • Will RePower South recycle glass? Not at this time. Please contact RePower South directly at 843-823-4499 or info@repowersouth.com for the full list of items they recycle.
  • Whom should residents contact if they have pick-up issues or other collection questions?  The residents should contact their current waste hauler.  RePower South does not pick up any trash.  All trash collection services and providers will remain the same as they are today.
  • Will the current pick-up location for trash and yard debris remain the same or will it change?  There is no change. The location of curbside pick-up remains the same.

Additional information on the new state-of-the-art facility and how your recyclables will be recovered can be found on the RePower South website: https://www.repowersouth.com/.


How do I get a trashcan?

The City of Charleston Environmental Services Division can provide you with a trashcan. Call them at 843.724.7364, provide your name, address, phone number and email address, and let them know you would like to receive a trashcan at your home. They will contact you regarding delivery.


Does the City of Charleston Environmental Services Division pick up Florescent Light Bulbs, Microwaves, or Mattresses?

The City of Charleston Environmental Services Division does not puck up light bulbs or microwaves. Microwaves are considered e-waste. They will pick up mattresses if they are notified in advance


Who do I contact for a replacement mailbox?

Please contact the POA office at 843.971.9200 and let them know the reason for the request for a replacement mailbox. If you leave your name, address, phone number and email, the POA Field Operations Staff will come to your property and assess the damage. The present cost of a replacement mailbox is $400.


Who maintains the street trees?

The City of Charleston Urban Forestry Division maintains the street trees. Should you have any contacts, you can contact Clark DeCiantis, Deputy Director of Operations for the City of Charleston, at 843.724.7148 or email at deciantisf@charleston-sc.gov.


Do Daniel Island residents get any discounts or free tickets to concerts at the Volvo Cars Stadium?

Yes, quite often the promoters of the concerts at the Volvo Cars Stadium will offer pre-sale discount tickets to Daniel island residents. This is not the case for every concert, but certainly many.


How do I get tickets to concerts at the Volvo Cars Stadium?

To purchase tickets to concerts at the Volvo Cars Stadium, please click here.


Where do I sign my kids up for camps (soccer, art, kiddie, etc.) on Daniel Island?

The Daniel Island POA offers several kids’ camps (ages 3 – 5) and swim camps (ages 6+) each summer at the Crow’s Nest and Edgefield Pool. The City of Charleston Recreational Department and Bishop England High School offers additional sports camps. Check out the Calendar of Events to search for available camps.


Where can I get a map of Daniel Island?

A current map of the island can be picked up at the Daniel Island POA office at 130 River Landing Drive, the Daniel Island Sales & Welcome Center at 101 River Landing Drive or download here.


Where can I get information about home and apartment rentals on Daniel Island?

Contact the Daniel Island Sales and Information office at 843.971.7100 or info@danielisland.com, or visit their office at 101 River Landing Drive


What do I do if I see an alligator in one of the ponds?

Contact POA Field Operations Manager Chris Hamil at 843.696.3496 or by email at chris.hamil@dicommunity.org. Provide a description of the alligator (approximate length and any special behavior you may have noted) and the exact pond location. It is also very helpful – if you are comfortable and in a safe position – to take a photo of the alligator and attach the picture to your email.


Who should I call about mosquito problems?

The mission of the Mosquito Abatement Department is to use integrated approaches in developing and applying mosquito management strategies which are effective, economical and practical, and which are protective of human health and the environment. Mosquito Abatement Program: 843-719-4646


How can I access the community boat landings?

Please email info@dicommunity.org or call our office at (843) 971-9200 for more information.


How do I rent kayaks or stand up paddleboards?

The Daniel Island Property Owners’ Association offers Stand Up Paddle and Kayak rentals for island residents and their guests. This is a great way to experience the island and its natural beauty. The POA has (3) sit-on-top single kayaks, (3) sit-on-top tandem kayaks and (4) stand up paddleboards (SUP). We offer 4 hour or 24 hour rentals, SUP lessons and gift certificates. contact the POA office at (843) 971-9200 for more information.


When is pool season?

The Pierce Park Pool is a year round pool. The pool season for Scott and Edgefield is generally spring through fall. These dates are determined on a year-to-year basis depending on several influencing factors. The dates are announced to the community prior to opening via the Daniel Island POA website and e-newsletter.


How do I rent a park area on the island for a party?

Please contact the Daniel Island POA office for information about park rentals. 843.971.9200 or info@dicommunity.org


Can I have a yard sale?

While individual garage sales are not allowed on Daniel Island per the Covenants, residents are given the opportunity and encourage to participate each fall and spring in the Community Wide Red Balloon Yard Sales. Please contact the POA office for future dates.