Summer Swim Camp Counselors Needed
Join the Daniel Island POA this summer as a Swim Camp Counselor. There are two types of camps throughout the summer, Kiddie Camp (ages 3-5) and Swim Camp (ages 6+). All camps include daily swim lessons, free swim, snacks and more! Camp hours are 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM. Camp counselor hours are 9 AM – 2 PM.
Counselor Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching swim lessons
- Planning, leading, and implementing games and crafts
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and the POA facility
Counselor Requirements include:
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification or extensive Swim Team experience
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Certification is not required but is strongly encouraged
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, walking, running, swimming, physical games, and support a camper in the water (weighing roughly 30-100 pounds)
Click HERE for POA Employment Application.