Philanthropy Thrives on DI in 2018!
In 2018, the Daniel Island Community Foundation (DIC Foundation) along with its resident advisory committee initiated a new fundraising campaign in which they selected 12 specific non-profit organizations to fundraise for throughout 2018. These 12 non-profit organizations were chosen by Daniel Island residents via an online survey in January of 2018. Residents were then encouraged to donate to any of the 12 organizations via GoFundMe pages set up by the DIC Foundation or check at the DIPOA office.
The DIC Foundation and resident advisory committee are thrilled to announce that at the close of 2018, ALL of the 12 non-profits met their matching goal of $5,000 and some even exceeded their goal. The cumulative tax deductible gifts that were donated to each of the below featured non-profits were matched up to $5,000 by the Daniel Island Community Fund.
- Human Services: East Cooper Meals on Wheels, East Cooper Community Outreach, Lowcountry Food Bank, Sustainability Institute
- Children: Lowcountry Orphan Relief, Darkness to Light, Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center
- Education: Daniel Island School PTA, Philip Simmons High School PTA, Reading Partners
- Nature/Environment: Water Missions International, East Cooper Land Trust
Thank you to all residents and businesses who participated in the 2018 giving campaign. We would not have been able to make this happen without you! We also wanted to send a special thank you to Overture of Daniel Island who helped us close the final gap in our 2018 fundraising efforts. With their donation, we were able to meet fundraising match goals for all 12 non-profit organizations!
Moving Forward to 2019
The Daniel Island Community Foundation and resident advisory committee have chosen 12 non-profits that the community will be focused on for the 2019 calendar year. This year, we will be shining a light on a different non-profit organization each month of the year. Residents will be able to donate to any of the selected non-profits at any point throughout the year. Please see below for the list of non-profit organizations. You can donate to any of the below non-profit organizations through their GoFundMe Page (by clicking on the name of the organization) or you can donate by check at the POA office – 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C. If you choose to donate by check, please make the check payable to the “Daniel Island Community Foundation” and add the non-profit name in the memo section of the check.
- Human Services: East Cooper Community Outreach, Water Missions International, The Humanities Foundation
- Children: HALOS, Campy Happy Days, Abby’s Friends, Charleston Youth Development Center (CYDC)
- Education: SC Future Minds, Philip Simmons High School Drama Program
- Nature/Environment: Berkeley County Animal Center, Charleston Waterkeeper, East Cooper Land Trust