MATCH Your Charitable Donation Today!
December is such a special time of year that brings to mind a time of giving thanks and gifts to those we love. It is also a wonderful time to give to others in need.
Join us in finishing the year out strong by sharing the gift of a monetary donation to one of the chosen 12 local non-profit organizations. Your donation will be matched up to $5,000 per non-profit by the Daniel Island Community Fund through December 31, 2018.
You do not need to be a Daniel Island resident to donate, so please spread the word and donate today!
The Daniel Island Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation duly organized under the laws of the State of South Carolina. This private 501 (c) 3 organization is financially supported by donations from Daniel Island Residents, businesses and employees.
The Daniel Island Community Foundation was set up as a vehicle for Daniel Island residents and businesses to fund non-profit initiatives. A resident advisory committee has been established to assist in identifying charitable causes and organizations important to Daniel Island residents.
The below categories represent the areas of giving that the community is focused on for the calendar year 2018 and the corresponding non-profit organizations we are fundraising for.
- Human Services: East Cooper Meals on Wheels, East Cooper Community Outreach, Lowcountry Food Bank, Sustainability Institute
- Children: Lowcountry Orphan Relief, Darkness to Light, Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center
- Education: Daniel Island School PTA, Philip Simmons High School PTA, Reading Partners
- Nature/Environment: Water Missions International, East Cooper Land Trust
To donate, simply click the name of your chosen non-profit organization above and you will be redirected to the organization’s GoFundMe Page organized by the Daniel Island Community Foundation. Here you can make a donation and the Daniel Island Community Fund will match it at the years end. You may also donate via check. We ask that you bring or mail your check to the DIPOA office at 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C. Please make sure your check is made payable to the “Daniel Island Community Foundation” with the organization name in the memo/note section.
Totals raised as of 12/03/2018: (Bold organizations have met their match goal)
- East Cooper Meals on Wheels – $1,625
- East Cooper Community Outreach – $1,350
- Lowcountry Food Bank – $1,450
- Sustainability Institute – GOAL REACHED
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief – $1,300
- Darkness to Light – $100
- Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center – $920
- Daniel Island School PTA – $0
- Philip Simmons High School PTA – GOAL REACHED
- Reading Partners – GOAL REACHED
- Water Missions International – GOAL REACHED
- East Cooper Land Trust – $2,220
Please Note: The Daniel Island Community Fund can only match donations made to the above organizations via their GoFundMe Page or checks brought to the office. If you have an organization you are passionate about, please email Danielle Hermann at Danielle.Hermann@dicommunity.org and we can add it to the list of organizations to consider for 2019’s focus non-profits.