Call for Entries: 2018 What I Love About Daniel Island Kids Banner Contest, Grades K-5
What’s more fun than becoming a local island celebrity? The Daniel Island POA is looking to add new lamp post banners with artwork from local youth displaying what they love about Daniel Island. Artwork should depict what the youth hold dear about life in Charleston’s Island Town!
Share What You Love About Daniel Island and you could see your artwork exhibited on a lamp post along the main streets of Daniel Island!
Get out your markers, crayons, and paints– We want to see what you love most about living and playing on Daniel Island. If you live on Daniel Island and are between the grades of K-5, you’re invited to enter the “What I Love About Daniel Island” banner contest by creating and sharing a banner design about life on DI.
Entrants are asked to submit artwork that answers the question: “What I Love About Daniel Island.” The deadline for entries is Thursday, November 22nd, 2018.
All artwork will be judged anonymously. Artwork will be displayed and winners will be announced at Daniel Island’s Annual Holiday Festival on Saturday, December 1st at Volvo Car Stadium. The new lamp post banners will be displayed along the main streets of Daniel Island in 2019.
- Dimensions: 11” x 17” (you can pick up some paper at the POA office)
- All artwork must be HORIZONTAL and must fit within these dimensions or will not be considered for judging.
- Your Art: Use of markers, paints, and contrasting, bright, bold colors is strongly encouraged as they show best when printed on the vinyl banners.
- Examples: paintings and drawing. Please no digital artwork
- Please limit number of words on the artwork as this is hard to read.
- The City of Charleston prohibits commercial advertising. Please do not include any businesses, restaurants or anything commercial on your banner. This will disqualify your entry.
- Deadline: Please submit NO LATER than Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 by 4:30 PM.
- The POA would be happy to preview artwork before submitting.
- Please submit original artwork, along with entry form to the POA office at 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C.
- One entry per child, please. Child must live on Daniel Island, this will be determined by DI POA address database.
- Banners will be selected based on interpretation of the theme and originality.
- It is understood that artwork may be used in full or edited form in commercial materials including, but not limited to, print and digital media. Submissions will be used in any and all media without limitation, reservation or compensation.
Questions? Contact Dani Hermann at Danielle.Hermann@dicommunity.org or Barbara McLaughlin at Barbara.McLaughlin@dicommunity.org
• Parks and Playgrounds
• Nature and Waterways
• Activities, and Events
• History and Landmarks