2020 Daniel Island Community Foundation Campaign
Giving back doesn’t have to always mean donating money to a cause. You can give your time volunteering. You can talk to your friends and co-workers about a nonprofit cause that means something to you and make sure you tell them about all the good things the Daniel Island Community Fund and Foundation are doing to make a positive change in the Lowcountry and beyond. It will make you even prouder of living in this great community, Daniel Island. That’s what the spirit of giving is.
Since we have had such great success with our Foundation campaign in 2018 and 2019, we will:
- Continue to fundraise for local nonprofits through the Foundation and DICF will match up to $5,000 per nonprofit
- Continue to partner with nonprofit organizations that are near and dear to our residents
- Continue to encourage resident, business and youth participation in any capacity
A New Year
Below are the nonprofits that the Foundation will be focused on for 2020. Residents are able to donate to any of the below nonprofits at any point throughout the year via the organizations Donate2it page (click the nonprofit name to donate) or by check at the POA office – 130 River Landing Drive, Suite 1C. At years end, the Daniel Island Community Fund (DICF) will match up to $5,000 per nonprofit organization.
- Soldier’s Angels
- Shifa Medical Clinic
- Friends of Berkeley County Animal Center
- Surf Riders
- Dee Norton
Please note: The donation totals within the Donate2It website include the DICF match. Example: If $500 was donated via the Foundation, the total will read $1,000 donated. This total number depicts what the nonprofit organization will receive in early 2021.
A Little Something New
Coming Soon! In 2020, we will be adding some new opportunities for residents and businesses to get involved in by:
- Expanding the Foundation Campaign to include volunteer opportunities as well as various drives (such as clothing, food, etc.)
- Including a Volunteer/Drive calendar in the Philanthropy tab on our website where you can learn about different places to volunteer your time or donate items such as food or clothing
- Inquiries can be sent to Dani Hermann at Danielle.Hermann@dicommunity.org