SCDOT Survey For I-526 LCC EAST

Residents may have read about the planned lane expansion of I-526. This will help reduce the traffic congestion we experience periodically. SCDOT has asked for resident input on the project and has provided a survey as one way to provide feedback. Some residents are concerned about the added traffic generating more road noise.

Under certain weather conditions, the noise can be loud on either side of I-526. This will only grow as traffic increases. If residents comment on highway noise, SCDOT will consider noise barriers and “quiet” concrete to mitigate it. Please take the below survey and provide your suggestions.

A Note From Our SCDOT Project Manager

Today, I’m pleased to announce the launch of the I-526 Lowcountry Corridor EAST (I-526 LCC EAST) Public Information Meeting! In light of ongoing public health concerns, this information will be presented online only. There, you will have the opportunity to review the needs of the I-526 LCC EAST, discover what a Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) study is, view information on existing conditions, and provide comments on the purpose and need of the study.

The I-526 LCC EAST study extends from Virginia Avenue in North Charleston to U.S. Hwy 17 in Mount Pleasant. As a PEL Study, this is an excellent opportunity for you to share your concerns about the corridor and the strategies you would like to see us explore to improve them.

Additionally, the I-526 LCC EAST survey has been extended to August 15th to coincide with the end of the public information meeting. However, initial survey results are available for review within the public information meeting webpage. Both the survey and the public information meeting (and associated comment period) will run through August 15th.

As always, thank you for your interest in the I-526 LCC project.

I-526 Lowcountry Corridor Project Manager
JOY RILEY, PE, PMP, CPM, DBIA
SCDOT
Phone: 866.832.5282
Email: info@526lowcountrycorridor.com