182 King George Street
5 BR / 5 Full Bath / 1 Half Bath / 4,926 SQ FT
Single Family Home
- In the island’s country club neighborhood marked by quaint winding streets, lush landscapes, and graceful grand oaks that curve overhead, discover this charming and dramatic estate. From the spacious front wraparound porch, to a tranquil, resort-style backyard, this magnificent property is appointed with custom details and features throughout. With lofty-ten-foot ceilings, antique heart pine floors, and heavy crown and base moldings, this traditional Charleston home is a true Lowcountry treasure.
- Pass beneath the shady branches of a grand live oak and follow the walkway up the brick steps to the home’s impressive front entrance. A flickering gas lantern, a solid mahogany front door, and graceful white columns give the home a distinctive Southern allure.
- Inside, just off the foyer, is a beautiful wood-paneled study with built-in bookcases and a striking coffered ceiling.
- The richly appointed formal dining room features custom wainscoting and a decor that is both comforting and luxurious. An adjoining butler's pantry offers a sink, icemaker, granite countertops and built-in cabinets.
- The fully equipped gourmet kitchen features a six burner Wolf gas stove, Subzero refrigerator, double ovens, and an oversized wine cooler with temperature settings for both red and white wines.
- Just off the kitchen, a spacious family room, featuring a beamed ceiling and granite surround fireplace, offers a grand escape from busy days with plenty of space for relaxing. Built-in bookcases easily accommodate family photos and collectibles.
- The breakfast room, beamed with natural light, features a spectacular vaulted wood pyramid ceiling. Nearby, a mudroom offers easy access to and from the home's outside patio and garage. A home office adjacent to a large laundry room offers multiple built-in cabinets ideal for managing the family calendar and other tasks.
- The master bedroom is conveniently located on the first level of the home and offers dual walk-in closets and access to the lovely covered front porch, a relaxing place to catch up with friends, or listen to the sounds of nature. Inside the master bath, lined with elegant Travertine tile floors, an expansive spa-like shower with steam stands ready to soothe and restore.
- On the second floor, experience your very own personal movie theatre in the amazing media room with a complete sound entertainment system. Three bedrooms are also included on this floor, two of which have private baths. Off one of these bedrooms is walk-in storage space behind the closet.
- A separate guest suite with a kitchenette, full bath and flex room over the detached garage is ideal for entertaining out of town guests.
- Make time at home feel like a vacation when you retreat to the backyard sanctuary. Double French doors led out from the family room onto a glorious covered brick porch featuring a wood floor and recessed lighting. The space, which can also be accessed by the breakfast room, is framed by white columns and overlooks a beautiful saltwater pool and a cascading hot tub. Surrounding the pool area is a decorative walkway and professional landscaping that includes accent lighting and irrigation. The backyard space also includes an elevated outdoor entertaining area with a brick fireplace, covered brick patio and plenty of room for seating.
- An alley behind the property offers a private entrance to the home through the detached three-car garage.
- This property includes Daniel Island Club social membership privileges, with the opportunity to upgrade to a Sport membership, or a transferable, full NON-RECALLABLE GOLF MEMBERSHIP.
Curious About This Property? Let us help you learn more.
Fill out the form below to contact Meryl Cromarty about this
This information is deemed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. Pricing and availability is subject to
change. Use of some recreational amenities subject to membership and/or other requirements.