- This event has passed.
Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival
April 22, 2017 @ 10:00 am - April 23, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival
For the 6th year in a row, Charleston Home + Design Magazine is hosting a high-end home show on Daniel Island, but this year is going to be a little different! Most notable is the new name: The Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival; this better reflects some of the exciting new additions to the event. In addition to the nearly 100 local A-List contractors, this year’s revamped event will offer visitors live music, a “Crafts on the Courts” Craft Beer Festival, delicious food grilled “backyard style” on Big Green Eggs, and much more.
The Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival will run Saturday and Sunday, April 22-23 at the Volvo Car Stadium (formerly Family Circle Stadium) on Daniel Island. People of all ages will find something to entertain and inform them at this year’s festival. As part of the “Crafts on the Courts” Craft Beer Festival, visitors can purchase a $25 “Craft Beer Passport” to sample over a dozen local and regional craft beers that will be paired with Big Green Egg prepared tacos and sliders. The kids can enjoy the festival after you drop them off with Annie’s Nannies for only $15 where they will be supervised and entertained.
As part of the Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival, the Daniel Island Luxury Home Tour will take place on Saturday, April 22 from 1-5pm at six custom built homes located on Daniel Island to benefit the American Red Cross, Lowcountry Chapter. Tickets for the Daniel Island Luxury Home Tour may be purchased for $25 in advance or $30 day of if any remain.
Notable Show Highlights
- “Crafts on the Courts” Craft Beer Festival
- A Snappy Event is organizing the Craft Beer Festival which will take place in conjunction with the Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival
- Hours for the Craft Beer Festival are 12noon-5pm Saturday and Sunday
- For one price—$25—attendees will receive a “Craft Beer Passport” which will entitle them to sample over one dozen local and regional craft beers in a commemorative mug. As part of their $25 ticket, attendees will also be treated to sizzling tacos and sliders grilled “backyard style” on Big Green Eggs (provided by Palmetto Outdoor Kitchens) right before their eyes.
- There will be guest chef grilling demonstrations in which attendees are encouraged to gather around the Big Green Eggs to experience firsthand tips and tricks of the trade on how to grill, smoke, or bake at home using a Big Green Egg.
- There will be live music from Andrews Stafford (12pm-2:30) and Robert Alverez 3pm-5pm on Saturday and Gracious Day on Sunday
- Tickets for “Crafts on the Courts” Craft Beer Festival may be purchased at www.ASnappyEvent.com or www.DanielIslandHomeShow.com.
- Daniel Island Luxury Home Tour
- On Saturday, April 22 from 1-5pm, six custom built private residences will open their doors to the public.
- Each home on the self-guided tour will be hosted by the architect or builder responsible for the home’s construction and design, he or she will personally answer questions and point out the subtle aspects and go into more detail about the dramatic, eye-catching details associated with each house.
- Only 400 tickets for the Home Tour will be sold; tickets are $25 in advance on DanielIslandLuxturyHomeTour.com until April 21 and $30 day of tour (if any tickets still remain). A generous donation from proceeds will benefit American Red Cross, Lowcountry Chapter.
- Home Show Happy Hour
- After the Home Tour, return to the Charleston Home + Outdoor Living Festival for the Home Show Happy Hour Saturday evening 5-8pm.
- Admission to Home Show Happy Hour is free and attendees can explore the show while dining on complimentary catered food provided by vendors, and if people wish to drink craft beer or wine at this event, they can do so by purchasing a wristband for $5.
- Live music will be provided by John Cusatis, who puts on a very entertaining and interactive show, who will be playing rock favorites from Jimmy Buffett to Bob Marley to the Eagles and more. Attendees are encouraged to request from his set list of over 200 songs and join him on stage with percussion instruments he provides, to sing along, or just groove to the tunes.
- Someone Local Will Win a $20,000+ Backyard Makeover
- Charleston Home + Design Magazine and several local companies are donating products and services to transform a homeowners backyard.
- Makeover includes:
- Grill- Palmetto Outdoor Kitchen
- Mosquito Control Service- Mosquito Shield
- Landscape Plan and Project Management- DIG Landscape
- Outdoor Furniture- Backyard Retreats
- Exterior Lighting Package- Outdoor Lighting Perspective
- Hanging Bed- Salt Wood Company
- Bedding Package- Hanging Bed- Aiden Fabrics
- Pergola- Express Sunrooms
- Paver Installation- Just Hardscapes
- Plant & Ground Covering Package- Stacks Nursery
Be a Cover Star!
- A ten-foot high mockup of the cover of the Spring 2017 issue of Charleston Home + Design magazine featuring the front elevation of Patricia Altschul’s AMAZING downtown mansion will be set up for attendees to stand in front of and become an instant Cover Star!