It’s Pool Party Time!
Summer is pool season which also means it’s pool party season! Now is the time to refresh your memory regarding our pool party guidelines before planning your pool party this summer.
On occasion, large groups arrive at the pool without the association’s prior knowledge. When this occurs, it creates potential safety hazards due to the number of swimmers in the pool. For this reason, the association has enacted policies governing pool parties. Anyone who wishes to have a party at Scott should complete a pool party application in order to properly register with the association and ensure tables will be held for the event.
Please notes: Pool parties are only permitted at the Scott Park Pool (177 Corn Planters Street). Please do not host any pool parties at the Pierce Park Pool or Edgefield Pool. If residents host pool parties at any pool besides Scott Park Pool, they may lose pool privileges.
Pool parties are limited to 20 swimmers and can be held on any of the 7 days in the week. The two time slots are 10 AM – 12 PM or 2 PM – 4 PM.
- A resident must make arrangements through the Property Owners Association in order to schedule a pool party.
- Applicant and those attending will be held responsible for following all DICA pool rules and DHEC pool rules.
- In the event of inclement weather on the date of the function, the event may be rescheduled subject to availability of the pool. If you do not want to reschedule, no refund will be given.
- Event cancellations should be made at least 1 week prior to the event to receive a full refund. After this time, no refund will be given.
- Lifeguards and/or gate attendants may not be scheduled during your party (check with the POA staff for schedules). Outside lifeguards cannot be brought in to supervise your event. These lifeguards are not protected by DICA’s Insurance and Liability Policies.
- Parties are confirmed once contract is signed, payment is made, and confirmation from the Property Owners Office is given.
- The pool rental agreement does not include exclusive use of the pool.
- Jump castles or other inflatables, animals, etc. are not permitted at pool parties. If you want to bring something special in, please check with the POA for approval before booking.
Additional questions or if you would like to book a pool party, please contact Dani Hermann at Danielle.Hermann@dicommunity.org
Pool Party Agreement (download)