DICF Summer Update
The summer of 2017 has been a busy one for the Daniel Island Community Fund. Throughout the summer months, the DICF has helped sponsor 12 community events! Read below for more information on these events:
- The Summer Soiree – a great resident only, all adult party! This year we held the event at the new Crow’s Nest where we danced the night away to the East Coast Party Band and ate some amazing food prepared by Hamby Catering.
- The Community Campout – Hosted by the Daniel Island Historical Society, the campout took place in Smythe Park where residents gathered around the campfire, learned some DI History and watched a fun family movie.
- The Rotary Duck Drop – An event you don’t want to miss! Thousands of bright, yellow rubber duckies are dropped off the Wando Bridge and race to the finish line. The proceeds from this event are used to fund Rotary community service programs locally and around the world.
- 7th Annual Kids Fishing Tournament – Held on Father’s Day weekend, kids and parents from all over the island rush in to catch the biggest fish
- Daniel Island Night at the Battery – The Daniel Island Community Fund gave away 200 complimentary tickets to residents
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series – Concerts brought to your backyard. Rotating parks around the island hosted concerts, food trucks, and fun. There were 3 fun concerts held at Townsend Park, Center Park and Etiwan Park
- Field of Honor – Put on by the Daniel Island Exchange Club, over 500 American Flags flew on River Landing Drive to honor military, veterans, first responders and other personal and home town heroes. This display was up from June 25th through July 8th
- 3rd of July Celebration – A fantastic concert with fireworks held in Smythe Park to celebrate Independence Day! This year we had over 4,000 people attend
- 4th of July Poolside Celebration – A pool party equipped with a DJ, food trucks and plenty of family fun games and prizes
- Daniel Night at the River Dogs – The Daniel Island Community Fund gave away 263 complimentary tickets to residents