Daniel Island Sounds of Summer
The Daniel Island Property Owners Association is thrilled to present a New Concert Series for Daniel Island residents and their guests. Join us for the 2017 “Sounds of Summer” kickoff concert, featuring Ben Fagan & The Holy City Hooligans Band on Friday, April 28th from 6 – 9 pm at Townsend Park, in the Edgefield Park neighborhood. Townsend Park, one of Daniel Island’s newest neighborhood parks, also referred to as Swing Park, is surrounded by the following streets – Townsend, Willtown, Gatewood & Augustus Streets.
Bring your lawn chair, beverage of choice and your appetite and kick back and enjoy the great sounds of some wonderful outdoor music. We’ll have affordable food options available for purchase with several food trucks and food cart vendors at the park, also offering water and nonalcoholic beverages. Keep it simple and easy and purchase your dinner from our vendors! For the kids, we’ll also have face painting and balloons for their enjoyment.
For those of you who live around or near the park, join us at the park or host your own “Porch Party” and enjoy the concert from the comfort of your porch/home with friends and neighbors. This is the perfect opportunity to host an informal gathering of your own. We’ll provide the entertainment for your adult guests and children!
These free outdoor concerts will be held on the following Fridays from 6 – 9 pm , each concert at different neighborhood parks.
2017 Sounds of Summer Concert Schedule
April 28 – Ben Fagan & The Holy City Hooligans – Townsend Park
June 9 – Soul 7 Band – Center Park
July 28 – Dave Landeo Band – Pierce Park Lawn
For complete event information visit www.dicommunity.org and the Daniel Island Property Owners Association Facebook page.
FRIENDLY CONCERT REMINDERS & WHAT CAN I BRING
- All concerts are free and family friendly.
- While we encourage attendees to purchase from our food vendors to support their commitment and efforts, you may bring food and beverages of your choice. Please no glass!
- Dogs must be on leash and under strict owner control.
- Chairs preferred, blankets allowed.
- We will not be allowing any tents, large setups with umbrellas or any pre-set up or staked off areas due to the size of the park and so that everyone can participate and enjoy the concerts. Please do not reserve any areas with tape, stakes or chairs ahead of the concert. First come, first serve the night of the concert.
- The event organizer has the right to remove any pre setup/staked or taped off areas at their discretion.
- We encourage everyone to walk or bike to the event if possible. Street Parking is available near each park. Please be mindful of the residents who live near each park and do not park in front of mailboxes or driveways, whether it is in the front or rear of the home or unit. Thanks for obeying all traffic rules that are posted.
- Sections of streets, immediately around the park itself have received City of Charleston permit approval to be temporarily blocked prior to and during the concert from 5 – 9 pm on Townsend, Willtown, Gatewood & Augustus.