Check Out What’s New At Our Sister Community
Carnes Crossroads is an emerging master planned community that is taking shape north of Daniel Island in Summerville. The same team that has guided Daniel Island’s development for the past 20 years is overseeing the creation of this new place where people can live, work, play and learn in the heart of Charleston’s growth. The first neighborhood at Carnes Crossroads is nearing completion, and on any given day you’ll find neighbors out and about enjoying the swimming pool and Village Green, and getting fit on the community’s first trails.
A renovated historic Green Barn serves as an iconic centerpiece of the community and home for a wide variety of special events for residents and visitors. On Sunday, May 15th a Farmers’ Market at the Green Barn will be part of the annual Carnes Crossroads Street Party, a great opportunity to come and check out the community. Live music on the Village Green, activities for kids, food trucks, games and more will offer tons of family fun, and the furnished single-family homes on Model Row will be open for touring. If you come for the party, here’s a bit of what you’ll find happening in this great new place from the Daniel Island Company:
- Single-family homes from the five builders at Carnes Crossroads line the streets in the first neighborhood of St. Thomas Park, and builders are offering special incentive for purchasers of newly-built homes. Buy before June 30th and you’ll receive up to $10,000 in design upgrades at no cost (offer varies by builder and is subject to change).
- A brand new school for Northwood Academy, one of the area’s finest private schools, is under construction, and Upper School students (grades 6-12) will begin classes at the new campus in August. Northwood’s Lower School (pre-K through grade 5) will relocate to Carnes Crossroads in 2017.
- Also on the Northwood campus, Northwood Church serves approximately 800 parishioners at services each week.
- Roper St. Francis is getting ready to build Berkeley County’s first hospital on its 90-acre medical campus in the heart of Carnes Crossroads’ downtown district. The 50-bed facility will offer a complete roster of healthcare services, supported by surrounding medical offices and facilities that will address the evolving healthcare needs of the community as it grows.
- Sweetgrass Pediatrics opened a new office and a headquarters for its practice at Carnes Crossroads last fall, construction is nearing completion on a new medical office building for the Medical University of South Carolina, and construction will soon begin on facilities for dental and orthodontic practices.
- Work on The Blake, a modern concept for senior living, recently began. The new assisted living facility is scheduled to open next year.
There’s lots more in the works for Carnes Crossroads. Visit the website for additional information, and make plans to attend the Street Party on Sunday, May 15 from 1-4 pm to mix and mingle with the neighbors and check out this great new Summerville, SC community.